Proof of Language Proficiency for Application to the Master Programs
English language Master programs
Undergraduate students whose native language or language of instruction in university is not English, according to §36 (1) S. 2 of the exam regulations have to provide a proof of adequate knowledge of the language in order to be admitted to one of the English language programs
- Physics (Applied and Engineering Physics)
- Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics
- Matter to Life
- Quantum Science & Technology
There are two possibilities for this proof of English language proficiency:
- proof of sufficient English language skills as given by TUM standards
- Another option while applying for Physics (Applied and Engineering Physics), Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics, or Quantum Science & Technology is that during the undergraduate studies 10 ECTS credit points had been taken in English language. This can be provided e.g. as an English-language Bachelor's thesis. Please note that proof of language skills must be available by the application deadline.
Option 2 is not available for applicants in the Master program Matter to Life.
Additional requirement for integrative German skills
To be admitted into an English language Master program you do not need to provide proof of German language skills. But students who did not give proof of German language skills will be given the additional requirement to within the first year of studies pass at least one module in which they earn German language skills integratively.
E. g. this may be fulfilled by a German course of the language center within the general-education subjects.
If you already have a German language certificate to at least the A1 level, please submit that with your application (if applicable, under "Evidence of non-school activities").
German language Master programs
For admission of foreign applicants into one of the German language Master programs
- Physics (Condensed Matter Physics)
- Physics (Nuclear, Particle, and Astrophysics)
- Physics (Biophysics)
a proof of sufficient German language skills as given by TUM standards is required.
There is no need to proof English language skills for the application to theses study programs. But English language skills will extend your possibilities since there are English language elective modules offered in German programs.