Therefore, obtaining solid experimental skills is not only a central part of the studies in physics, but also in the training of school teachers and of engineers.
During their Bachelor and Master studies in physics, our students have to successfully complete a number of lab courses, in which they get acquainted with the methods used in experimental physics:
- a basic lab course (AP) and
- an advanced lab course (FoPra) in variations for B.Sc. Physics, the M.Sc. Physics programs, and the M.Sc. Quantum Science & Technology.
- a specific advanced lab course for the interdisciplinary M.Sc. Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics (BEMP).
For students with physics as a subsidary subject, there are also special lab courses to facilitate them the basic principles of experimentation in physics:
- a physics lab course (MW) on campus Garching, for Bachelor students in mechanical engineering, and
- a physics lab course (LCH) on campus Garching, for Bachelor students in food chemistry, and
- a physics lab course (WZW) in Weihenstephan, for life-science students.