Computational Physics 2: Simulation of Classical and Quantum Mechanical Systems
Course 0000000208 in SS 2024
|Semester Weekly Hours
|Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics
Tue, 14:00–16:00, PH HS3
Assignment to Modules
PH2090: Rechnergestützte Physik 2 (Simulation Klassischer und Quantenmechanischer Systeme) / Computational Physics 2 (Simulation of Classical and Quantum Mechanical Systems)
This module is included in the following catalogs:
- Specific catalogue of special courses for condensed matter physics
- Specific catalogue of special courses for nuclear, particle, and astrophysics
- Specific catalogue of special courses for Applied and Engineering Physics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for Biophysics
- Specialization Modules in Elite-Master Program Theoretical and Mathematical Physics (TMP)
Courses are together with exams the building blocks for modules. Please keep in mind that information on the contents, learning outcomes and, especially examination conditions are given on the module level only – see section "Assignment to Modules" above.
|This is the second part of the Computational Physics course. Afterdiscussing various fundamental methods of computational physics inthe first term, we will discuss some more methods (random numbers:Monte Carlo methods, Ising model; numerical Fourier transform, etc.).The emphasis of the second part, however, lies more in the applicationof these methods to actual physical systems.
E-Learning course (e. g. Moodle)