Topics in Innovation & Entrepreneurship II
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2011/2
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2012||WS 2011/2|
WIB18833 is a semester module in German or English language at Bachelor’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||60 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- discovering entrepreneurial role models, this might include to explore
o links between role models and entrepreneurial intentions
o reasons for the choice of the entrepreneurial career
- psychology of entrepreneurship, this might include to explore
o personality dimensions of entrepreneurs
o entrepreneurial cognition
- entrepreneurial leadership, this might include to explore
o behavioral forms of leadership
o creating and managing innovative organizations
- ideation and venture creation, this might include to explore
o the process of obtaining creative ideas
o the process model of entrepreneurial venture creation
- venture growth, this might include to explore
o how new ventures grow and where growth occurs
o different impact factors on new venture growth
- internationalization and strategic entrepreneurship, this might include to explore
o the speed of entrepreneurial internationalization
o enabling forces of technology, competition, perceptions, knowledge and networks
The module provides students with deepening insights into entrepreneurship literature. Besides writing a seminar paper, this involves presenting their final results.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- explain entrepreneurship concepts related to a specific topic.
- discuss current topics within the field of entrepreneurship.
- apply previously discussed approaches to topic specific issues within the field of entrepreneurship.
- evaluate these approaches and their outcomes.
- develop suitable approaches for specific entrepreneurship issues.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|SE||4||Topics in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (WIB18833): Solving Case Studies: An Introduction||
Responsible/Coordination: Patzelt, H.
Mon, 09:00–12:00, virtuell
and singular or moved dates
Learning and Teaching Methods
Further readings will be announced at the course introduction.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Topics in Innovation & Entrepreneurship II|
|Tue, 2021-02-09, 9:00 till 18:00||till 2020-11-17|