Entrepreneurial Idea Development
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2012
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|WS 2018/9||SS 2012||WS 2011/2|
WI100809 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|120 h||30 h||4 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
* History of entrepreneurship at TUM
* Opportunity recognition and creativity
* Design process
* Definition and examples of prototypes
* Process of prototype developoment
* Entrepreneurial teams
* Business Model Canvas
* understand creativity techniques.
* remember methods of market research.
* identify customer problems.
* evaluate customer feedback.
* understand and apply how the development of new products can overcome the identified customer problems.
* apply the principle of iterative prototyping based on customer feedback.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Entrepreneurial Idea Development (for Bachelor Students MSE only)||Preller, R.||
Fri, 08:00–13:00, ERI 0001
and singular or moved dates
Learning and Teaching Methods
* Through lectures, supported by a presentation, instructors show how to identify customer problems and iteratively develop prototypes to solve these problems.
* In group and individual work, students creatively identify real problems and develop possible solutions. This is supported by feedback sessions with experts and the lecturers.
* In a presentation students exercise the illustration the identified problem and its solution.
Brown, T. (2009). Change by Design: HarperCollins.
Shane, S., & Venkataraman, S. (2000). The promise of entrepreneurship as a field of research. Academy of management review, 25(1), 217-226.
Osterwalder, A., Pigneur, Y., & Clark, T. (2010). Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers: Wiley.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Entrepreneurial Idea Development|
|Fri, 2021-12-17, 9:00 till 9:30||till 2021-12-03 (cancelation of registration till 2021-12-10)|