Challenges in Energy Markets (Global power plant projects in a changing energy market)
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2021 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2021||WS 2020/1||SS 2020||WS 2019/20|
WI001223 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Challenges in Energy Markets (WI001223)||
Responsible/Coordination: Schwenen, S.
singular or moved dates
Learning and Teaching Methods
- Basic knowledge, theoretical concepts and practical examples regarding energy markets are provided through the lecture.
- Controversial discussions and active participation in class are encouraged to deepen understanding of the contents presented.
- Erdmann, G.; Zweifel, P.: Energieökonomik – Theorie und Anwendungen. Springer, 2. Auflage, 2010.
- International Energy Agency, World Energy Outlook
- Konstantin, P.: Praxisbuch Energiewirtschaft. Energieumwandlung, -transport und –beschaffung im liberalisierten Markt. Springer, 2. Auflage, 2009.
- Schiffer, H.-W.: Energiemarkt Deutschland. TÜV-Media, 11. Auflage, 2010.
- Yergin, D.:The Quest-Energy, Security, and the Remaking of the Modern World, 2012.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Challenges in Energy Markets|