This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
WI001217 is a semester module in German or English language at Master’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
Topics covered are:
- Economic importance of trade secrets
- Concept of protection of trade secrets and differentation from Intellectual Property rights
- Main risk areas (HR, IT, outsourcing, cooperation, etc.)
- Risk management (legal and actual protection)
- Judicial enforcement of the protection of trade secrets
- Export control and situation in other countries
1. understand the basic principles of trade secret law,
2. grasp the legal framework of business activity
3. analyse legal implications of typical business situations and to identify their options,
4. present the results of their analysis in a written memorandum.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Trade Secrets||Ann, C.||
Mon, 09:45–11:15, virtuell
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
Students will also be asked to apply their knowledge to known and fictional cases. This second part demonstrates if students have developed the required legal analytical skills. Students also need to demonstrate their ability to apply their knowledge to fact settings not discussed in the lecture, and to evaluate the legal consequences.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Mon, 2021-02-08, 18:00 till 19:00||till 2021-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2021-02-01)|