Applied Strategy and Organization: Strategies for international Corporations
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2018/9
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2021||WS 2020/1||WS 2018/9||WS 2016/7||SS 2015|
WI001111 is a semester module in English language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||60 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
• Applied Strategy and Organization: Strategy in the Global Market Place
Prof. Rupert Stadler (CEO Audi AG and board member of the Volkswagen AG) introduces students to the topic of strategy in the global market place. The substantive focus is on the vision, mission, and goal of the Audi Strategy 2020; on the internationalization strategy using the example of the market entry in China; on the future of mobility; as well as principles of strategy planning and execution.
• Applied Strategy and Organization: Corporate Strategies for Internationalization and Digital Transformation
Prof. Dr. Axel Stepken (CEO TÜV SÜD AG) discusses internationalization strategies in companies and the topic of transformation through digitalization. Based on theoretical foundations and his own practical experience, he illustratively teaches students internationalization and digitalization strategies for companies. The lecture covers relevant factors for internationalization processes, including growth factors, strategies, corporate culture, leadership, organizational complexity as well as knowledge transfer. These factors are discussed on the basis of changing business conditions that result from digitalization.
• to remember the most important strategies of international technology corporations to deal with challenges of the world economy in times of globalization and digitalization.
• to compare different theories and methods in the field of strategic management.
• to understand the relevant factors for internationalization processes.
• to discuss different theories and methods in the field of strategic management based on real scenarios from practice.
• to argue how managers should make strategic decisions.
• to understand past decision-making processes of international technology corporations with regard to, for example, market entry decisions, cost calculations for internationalization strategies, business development plans, and global technology trends.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Applied Strategy and Organization (WI001111): Corporate internationalization strategies and transformation through digitization||Stepken, A. Welpe, I. Ziegler, C.||
singular or moved dates
|VO||2||Applied Strategy and Organization (WI001111): Strategy in the Global Market Place||Grundke, M. Welpe, I. Ziegler, C.||
singular or moved dates
Learning and Teaching Methods
- Ansoff, HI (1970). Corporate Strategy: An Analytic Approach to Business Policy for Growth and Expansion. New York: Penguin Books.
Description of exams and course work
Students can achieve 90 points in the exam.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Applied Strategy and Organization: Strategies for international Corporations|
|Thu, 2023-02-23, 14:15 till 15:45||1200
|till 2023-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2023-02-16)|