Challenges in Energy Markets I
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2017 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
|available module versions|
|SS 2017||WS 2016/7||SS 2015||WS 2011/2|
WI001039 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Challenges in Energy Markets (WI001039)||
Mon, 15:00–18:30, 1100
Learning and Teaching Methods
- Basic knowledge, theoretical concepts and practical examples are provided through the lecture.
- Controversial discussions and interaction in class are encouraged to deepen understanding of the contents presented.
- In integrated exercises in the lectures, students will independently answer concrete questions and analyze selected case studies.
- Erdmann, G.; Zweifel, P.: Energieökonomik – Theorie und Anwendungen. Springer, 2. Auflage, 2010.
- International Energy Agency, World Energy Outlook
- Konstantin, P.: Praxisbuch Energiewirtschaft. Energieumwandlung, transport und –beschaffung im liberalisierten Markt. Springer, 2. Auflage, 2009.
- Schiffer, H.W.: Energiemarkt Deutschland. TÜVMedia, 11. Auflage, 2010.
- Yergin, D.:The QuestEnergy, Security, and the Remaking of the Modern World, 2012.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.