This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2021 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2021||WS 2020/1||SS 2020||SS 2012||WS 2011/2|
WI000984 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- definitions, regional aspects, and special forms of entrepreneurship
- entrepreneurial individuals, including their personality, creativity, idea development, cognition, opportunity recognition, decision making, affect,
- entrepreneurial firms, including their growth strategies, strategic alliances, and resources.
Beyond that, students will engage in break-out group workshops to personally experience the process of opportunity recognition and development. In these workshops they will work in teams and apply concepts from academic literature to real-world entrepreneurial problems. Furthermore, students give presentations to the audience and discuss their results.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
Please keep in mind that course announcements are regularly only completed in the semester before.
|VO||2||Entrepreneurship (WI000984, WI900005) (Part I of Module "Global Entrepreneurship") (TUM-WIN,TUM-NAWI, MiM)||
Tue, 09:45–11:15, 0602
Wed, 15:00–16:30, 2300
and singular or moved dates
|UE||1||Exercise Entrepreneurship (MiM, MSc.TUM-WIN, TUM-NAWI)||
Thu, 09:00–12:30, ERI 0001
and singular or moved dates
and dates in groups
Learning and Teaching Methods
- The basic knowledge as well as real world examples will be provided through the lecture.
- Discussions in the lecture and active participation are encouraged and will contribute to deepen the understanding of the concepts introduced.
- Workshops in smaller groups enable the students to apply (part of) their theoretical knowledge to real-world problems. This format additionally fosters creativity and team work.
- Students will get additional background knowledge from the scientific literature in private reading.
Read, S., Sarasvathy, S., Dew, N., Wiltbank, R. & Ohlsson, A.-V. (2010). Effectual Entrepreneurship. New York: Routledge Chapman & Hall.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Mon, 2022-08-01, 11:15 till 12:15||E-Test in Moodle without supervision||till 2022-06-30 (cancelation of registration till 2022-07-25)|