Marketing and Innovation Management
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2018/9 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|WS 2018/9||WS 2015/6||WS 2011/2|
WI000820 is a semester module in German or English language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||60 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Innovation: Examples and particularities,
- Innovation and the development of industries,
- Sources of innovation,
- Innovation strategy: Analysis of the market, technology and competition,
- Acquisition of technology: Market, cooperation and networks
Organizing the innovation process:
- The innovation process within the firm,
- R&D, production and marketing,
- Cooperation for innovation?
- Motivation and incentive systems,
- Promotors and champions,
- Roles in the innovation process,
- Opposition against innovation within the firm,
- Integrating customers into the innovation process,
- Measuring and controlling innovation.
- Principles of marketing,
- Marketing strategy and environment,
- Creating customer value, satisfaction, and loyalty,
- Information management and market research,
- Analyzing consumer and business markets,
- Competition and differentiation from competitors,
- Segmenting, targeting, and positioning,
- Creating and managing products and services, brand management,
- Marketing communications, marketing channels, and service P's.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Marketing (WI000688, WI000820)||Menrad, K.||
Tue, 08:30–10:00, 01.026
|VO||2||Marketing (WI000820)||Königstorfer, J.||
Wed, 16:45–18:15, 0980
and singular or moved dates
|VO||2||Technology and Innovation Management: Introduction (WI000820)||Henkel, J. Wissel, J.||
Mon, 15:00–16:30, N1190
Wed, 16:45–18:15, 0980
|VO||2||Technology and Innovation Management: Introduction (WI000820)||Doblinger, C.||
Mon, 11:30–13:00, 01.026
Learning and Teaching Methods
This module is also offered at TUM Campus Straubing.
- Dodgson, Gann, Salter - The Management of Technological Innovation (Chapter 4)
- Teece - Profiting from Technological Innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy
- Stamm - Structured Processes for Developing New Products
- Hauschildt, Kirchmann - Teamwork for innovation - the ""troika"" of promotors
- Kotler/Keller/Brady/Goldman/Hansen (2012): Marketing Management, 2nd European ed., Pearson: Harlow.
- Kotler/Armstrong (2014): Principles of Marketing, 15th ed., Pearson: Harlow.
- Homburg (2015): Marketingmanagement. Strategie - Instrumente - Umsetzung - Unternehmensführung, 5. Aufl., Gabler: Wiesbaden.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.