Innovative Entrepreneurs - Leadership of High-Tech Organizations (Gründung und Führung von wachstumsorientierten Unternehmen)
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2016/7 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
|available module versions|
|WS 2016/7||WS 2011/2|
WI000285 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
1. The entrepreneurial ecosystem
2. Founding of companies for students and scientists
3. How to develop an idea into a market-ready product
4. Financing of startups
5. Corporate growth
6. Creating and managing an entrepreneurial culture
7. Strategic business management
8. Innovation management
9. Corporate finance
10. Business succession
Moreover, for self-motivated participants, there is ample opportunity for personal development through interactive workshops, closed networking events, and an online platform to support communications with the guest lecturers.
- understand effectual entrepreneurship;
- understand basic economic terms, such as Intellectual Property, Cashflow, Venture Capital, Controlling;
- understand Design Thinking methodology;
Moreover through guest speakers’ lectures and optional workshops participants will be empowered to:
- realize opportunities and challenges associated with the founding and managing of technology- and growth-oriented companies;
- create a personal roadmap for entrepreneurial success.
Thus, students familiarize with topics like opportunity recognition, innovation management, growth, leadership, and the facets of entrepreneurship. In doing that, they are enabled to see, realize, and experience the multiplicity in the everyday life of an entrepreneur, entrepreneurial personalities, as well as entrepreneurial skills and motivations.
- Abilities: Identifying opportunities; proactiveness; communication; commitment
- Skills: openness; analytical thinking; visual thinking; self-motivation; networking
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
Thu, 17:30–19:00, 2750
Learning and Teaching Methods
As guest lecturers, each week an outstanding founder, entrepreneur, manager, or investor, spanning a wide-ranging industrial spectrum, is hosted to report on their individual entrepreneurial careers.
At the end of each lecture, the participants can actively engage in discussions with the guest speaker during an open session. For participants to put their networking skills to test, each guest speaker is also hosted at a restaurant for dinner following the lecture, together with 3-5 motivated participants. All participants can apply for the dinner through the online platform of the module.
Moreover, in context of a 3-hour workshop, the participants venture their own personal qualities and skills to understand in a structured way their own entrepreneurial identity. In doing that, they focus on their individual strengths and resources to develop a plan to be entrepreneurial.
The module also provides participants with ample opportunity to network with people from the entrepreneurial environment of TUM.
- Online discussion forum (e.g., for questions and feedback on guest lectures)
- Handouts (distributed online)
- Brown, T (2008). Design Thinking. Harvard Business Review.
- Coenenberg, Adolf G., Salfeld, Rainer (2007): Wertorientierte Unternehmensführung. Vom Strategieentwurf zur Implementierung (2nd ed.). Schäffer-Poeschel, Stuttgart.
- Hauschildt, Jürgen (2007): Innovationsmanagement (4th ed.). Franz Vahlen GmbH, München.
- Huff, Anne (2008): Strategic Management. Wiley & Sons.
- ifex Initiative für Existenzgründungen und Unternehmensnachfolge des Landesgewerbeamts Baden-Württemberg (Hrsg.) (2002): Auf der Suche nach Beteiligungskapital. Ein Kurzleitfaden (3rd ed.). Stuttgart.
- Kollmann, Tobias (Hrsg.) (2005): Gabler Kompakt-Lexikon Unternehmensgründung. Dr. Th. Gabler/GWV Fachverlage GmbH, Wiesbaden.
- Read, S., Sarasvathy, S., Dew, N., Wiltbank, R., & Ohlsson, A. V. (2011). Effectual Entrepreneurship. Taylor & Francis (Part 1, S.1-70)
- Schönenberger, Helmut (2006): Kommunikation von Unternehmertum. Eine explorative Untersuchung im universitären Umfeld. Deutscher Universitätsverlag, Wiesbaden.
- UnternehmerTUM (2016): Handbuch Schlüsselkompetenzen.
- Timmons, Jeffry A. / Spinelli, Stephen (2009): New Venture Creation (7th ed.), McGraw Hill Professional
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Innovative Entrepreneurs - Leadership of High-Tech Organizations|
|Thu, 2020-02-06, 19:00 till 20:00||0220
|till 2020-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2020-01-30)|