Innovative Entrepreneurs - Leadership of High-Tech Companies
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2020/1
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2021||WS 2020/1||WS 2016/7||WS 2011/2|
WI000285 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
1. The entrepreneurial ecosystem
2. Founding of companies for students and scientists
3. How to develop an idea into a market-ready product
4. Financing of startups
5. Corporate growth
6. Creating and managing an entrepreneurial culture
7. Strategic business management
8. Innovation management
9. Corporate finance
10. Business succession
Moreover, for self-motivated participants, there is ample opportunity for personal development through interactive workshops, closed networking events.
Upon successful completion of this module, participants will be able to...
- understand the entrepreneurial mindset
- recognize and develop personal strengths
- develop and implement personal ideas
- understand Design Thinking methodology
Moreover through guest speakers’ lectures and optional workshops participants will be empowered to:
- realize opportunities and challenges associated with the founding and managing of technology- and growth-oriented companies;
- create a personal roadmap for entrepreneurial success.
Thus, students familiarize with topics like opportunity recognition, innovation management, growth, leadership, and the facets of entrepreneurship. In doing that, they are enabled to see, realize, and experience the multiplicity in the everyday life of an entrepreneur, entrepreneurial personalities, as well as entrepreneurial skills and motivations.
- Abilities: Identifying opportunities; proactiveness; communication; commitment
- Skills: openness; analytical thinking; visual thinking; self-motivation; networking
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Innovative Entrepreneurs - Leadership of High-Tech Companies||Schönenberger, H.||
Thu, 17:30–19:00, virtuell
Learning and Teaching Methods
At the end of each lecture, the participants can actively engage in discussions with the guest speaker during an open session.
Moreover, in context of a workshop, the participants venture their own personal qualities and skills to understand in a structured way their own entrepreneurial identity. In doing that, they focus on their individual strengths and resources to develop a plan to be entrepreneurial.
The module also provides participants with ample opportunity to network with people from the entrepreneurial environment of TUM.
- Online discussion forum (e.g., for questions and feedback on guest lectures)
- Handouts (distributed online)
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Innovative Entrepreneurs - Leadership of High-Tech Organizations|
|Fri, 2023-01-20, 8:00 till 18:00||till 2023-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2023-01-17)|