Investment and Financial Management
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2020/1
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2021||WS 2020/1||WS 2018/9||SS 2017||WS 2015/6|
WI000219_E is a semester module in English language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||60 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Financial Statement Analysis (balance sheet analysis, analysis of profut and loss account)
- Investment Analysis (net present value method, actuarial return)
- Capital Budgeting (determination of free cashflows, choosing between alternatives)
- Cost of Capital (equity costs, borrowing costs, capital costs)
- Capital Structure
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Investment and Financial Management (WI000219_E)||
Wed, 11:30–13:00, 1402
|UE||2||Investment and Financial Management Exercise (WI000219_E)||
Wed, 13:15–14:45, 1402
Learning and Teaching Methods
- Weekly Lecture: Presentation of theoretical basics and applied examples, supported by slides. As a better learning effect is reached by a dynamic learning environment, the student can join in live surveys with onlineTED.
- Excercise available on several dates: Calculation of selected exercises from the set of exercises in small groups so the students can directly ask questions about the calculations.
- Set of exercises with applied examples for individual practising of exercises.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Campus Munich: Investment and Financial Management|
|Campus Heilbronn: Investment and Financial Management|