This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2021 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2021||WS 2020/1||SS 2020||WS 2018/9||SS 2015||WS 2011/2|
WI000091 is a semester module in English language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||60 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
• Options: Basic understanding, put call parity, binomial and Black-Scholes option pricing, equity as call option
• Real options: Identification and binomial pricing
• Valuation: Introduction to DCF methods, multiples methods and applications
• IPO: Empirical studies of IPO costs, IPO process
• Capital structure: WACC under OPM, CAPM and MM, trade off theory of debt, agency theory of debt, pecking order theory of debt
• Efficient markets: Definitions, modeling, empirical approaches and results
• M&A: Explanations of wealth effects of M&A, explanations for conglomerates, Empirical results on
other forms of ownership decreases and change (divestitures, carve outs, spin offs, tracking stock,
split ups, LBOs)
• Dividend policy: Theories of optimal dividend policy, Empirical evidence
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Corporate Finance (WI000091)||
Assistants: Cehajic, A.
Tue, 13:15–14:45, 0606
|UE||2||Corporate Finance (WI000091): Exercise||Cehajic, A.||
Tue, 15:00–16:30, 0606
Learning and Teaching Methods
• Berk, DeMarzo (2014, 3/E): Corporate Finance
• Copeland, T. E./ Weston, J. F./ Shastri, K. (2005): Financial Theory and Corporate Policy, USA, Addison Wesley, 4th International Edition.
Further recommended readings will be given in the lecture.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|E-Test in Moodle without supervision|