Economics II - Macroeconomics (Macroeconomics)
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2015/6
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2021||WS 2020/1||SS 2020||SS 2017||WS 2015/6|
WI000023_E is a semester module in English language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||60 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- key institutions of capitalism as an economic system (private property, firms, markets)
- technological change as a trigger for economic growth
- price-taking and competitive markets
- price-setting, rent-seeking and market disequilibuium
- market successes and failures
- markets, contracts and information
- credit, banks and money
- economic fluctuations and unemployment
- unemployment, inflation, fiscal and monetary policy
- technological progress and living standards
- the Great Depression, the golden age of capitalism and the global financial crisis
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Economics II (WI000023_E)||
|UE||2||Economics II -Exercise (WI000023_E)||
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
The test is designed to assess the participants' capabilities to apply macroeconomic theory in order to discuss and solve real world problems of the economy as a whole. Participants should demonstrate their capacity for abstraction (thinking in economic models), concretization (calculating, interpreting and applying the results of the model, mathematical processing as well as graphical illustration.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Campus Munich: Economics II - Macroeconomics|
|Bachelor (exam in English)|
|Campus Heilbronn: Economics II - Macroeconomics|