Economics II - Macroeconomics (Macroeconomics)
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2018/9 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
|available module versions|
|WS 2018/9||SS 2017||SS 2015||WS 2011/2|
WI000023 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||60 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- key institutions of capitalism as an economic system (private property, firms, markets)
- technological change as a trigger for economic growth
- price-taking and competitive markets
- price-setting, rent-seeking and market disequilibuium
- market successes and failures
- markets, contracts and information
- credit, banks and money
- economic fluctuations and unemployment
- unemployment, inflation, fiscal and monetary policy
- technological progress and living standards
- the Great Depression, the golden age of capitalism and the global financial crisis
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Economics II (Macroeconomics) (WI000023)||
Wed, 09:45–11:15, 0980
and singular or moved dates
|UE||2||Tutorial in Economics II (Macroeconomics) (WI000023)||dates in groups|
Learning and Teaching Methods
This module is also offered at TUM Campus Straubing.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.