This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2017/8
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions
SG860013 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Focus Area Bio-Sensors in M.Sc. Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Problems in Motor Control
- Features of Performance, Task Goals and Movement Characteristics
- Stability and Muscle Contraction
- Stiffness and Impedance
- Motor Costs and Energetics
- Coordinate transforms
- Forward Models and Sensory Predictions
- Optimality and Cost Functions
- Optimal Feedback Control
- Feedback Modulation
- Motor Learning
- Applications in Robotics
- Applications in Rehabilitation
- Applications in Sports and Exercise.
- Understand basic robotic principles that can be applied to human motor control
- Read and evaluate scientific articles
- Explain computational aspects of motor control
- Understand and use robotic systems in the laboratory that can be used to examine motor control
- Learn the human physiology associated with the principles of motor control
- Explain how robotic principles can be applied to sports and exercise and for rehabilitation
- Understand and discuss the social issues involved with the use of robotics
- Design and conduct a research project in human robotics.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|Seminar in Human Robotics
|dates in groups
|dates in groups
Learning and Teaching Methods
Theodore Milner, MIT Press, 2013
- Additional literature will be announced during the course.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.