Exercise & Health: Current Topics
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
SG800200 is a semester module in English language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||45 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Follow a whole module in English as English is the main language of science.
- To explain scientific topics related to health based on scientific evidence but with simple language.
- Debate current health sciences topics and to answer commonly asked questions.
- Know the scientific basis of current diets and foods.
- Know the scientific basis of exercise strategies for health.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||1||Health Sciences: current topics||Wackerhage, H.||
Wed, 14:15–15:00, L 502
|SE||2||Health Sciences: current topics||Wackerhage, H.||dates in groups|
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
In the exam students are expected to demonstrate, by answering questions within a limited amount of time, their theoretical knowledge of the topics covered in this module. Further, they have to do a visually supported oral presentation. The presentation and scientific poster measure the students’ ability to illustrate a health topic.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.