Health Behavior and Prevention
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2014 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
|available module versions|
|SS 2014||WS 2013/4|
SG160036 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||75 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Intervention approaches to change behavior and lifestyles in different approaches and at different levels;
- Effectiveness research on behavioral (change) programs;
- Definitions and principles of healthy nutrition;
- Food and eating habits;
- Field of action of "diet" in the Prevention Guidelines;
- Health-promoting and preventive dietary recommendations;
- Diets and their health-related modes of action;
- Types of nutritional and enjoyment behavior;
- Definitions and principles of exercise, physical activity and sports from a (bio) medical point of view.
- Field of action of "movement" in the Prevention Guidelines.
- Behavioral prevention approaches and programs in different settings through diet, exercise.
- to explain what task of behavioral prevention is performed in health promotion,
- to explain, on the basis of fundamental knowledge of motivated behavior, psychological theories and models of the development and promotion of health-related behavior and health-related lifestyle,
- to name the different levels, approaches and methods of behavioral interventions for prevention and health promotion and to discuss these in the light of theories and models,
- to name and represent the fields of action of primary prevention according to Prevention Guidelines of SHI,
- to describe and distinguish among exercise, physical activity and sports in their fundamental aspects and to describe their health-promoting effects,
- to understand the impact of nutrition and diets on health and to evaluate individual examples,
- to understand exercise and nutrition as factors in the context of health promotion and prevention.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||1||Einführung in die Gesundheitspsychologie||Ehrlenspiel, F.||
Thu, 08:45–09:30, 2750
|VO||3||Ernährung, Bewegung und Gesundheit||Schulz, T.||
Thu, 08:00–08:45, 2750
Fri, 10:15–11:45, 605
Learning and Teaching Methods
Vogt L, Töpper A: Sport in der Prävention: Handbuch für Übungsleiter, Sportlehrer, Physiotherapeuten und Trainer In Kooperation mit dem Deutschen Olympischen Sportbund. Deutscher Ärzte-Verlag (2011)
Tomasits J, Haber P: Leistungsphysiologie: Grundlagen für Trainer, Physiotherapeuten und Masseure. Springer
Knoll, N., Scholz, U. & Rieckmann, N. (2011). Einführung in die Gesundheitspsychologie. München: Reinhardt
additional primary literature
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.