This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
SG1202101 is a semester module in German or English language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of soft-skill courses
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Macronutrients (carbohydrates, lipids, protein)
- Energy balance
- Micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, trace elements)
- Fluid balance
- Weight management
- Popular diets
- Sport nutrition
- Scientific studies in sport nutrition
- to reproduce the composition of the food
- to survey the regulation of food intake
- understand nutritional relationships and assess their importance in terms of physical performance
- understand the effects of insufficient supply and over-supply of nutrients on health
- classify the importance of nutrient recommendations,
- to understand the regulation of the fluid balance,
- differentiate and assess different popular diets and diets
- understand metabolism and behavioral adaptations that contribute to the regulation of body weight and body composition
- to recognize various factors that lead to disorders of normal digestion and food allergies / intolerances
- classify approaches for a personalized diet (in the context of sports)
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
Learning and Teaching Methods
Biesalski, Bischoff, Puchsetin: Ernährungsmedizin, Thieme Verlag
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.