Advanced Didactics of Physics for Vocational Teachers (Seminar with Demonstration Experiments)
Module version of SS 2016
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|WS 2018/9||SS 2016|
PH9122 is a semester module in German language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Physics Modules for Students of Education
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||h||6 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH9122 in the version of SS 2016 was the Dean of Studies at Physics Department.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Selection of topics and suitable demonstration experiments for physics education
- Preparation of experiments with devices commonly used in school
- Use of modern computer assisted data acquisition systems
- Qualitative and quantitative experimentation
- Preparing of the theoretical background (definitions, derivations, proof of physics principles)
- Combined presentation of experiment and theory using up to date media (powerpoint, applets, videos, internet)
- Observation of other participants during their presentation
- Discussion in the group (evaluation of presentations, suggestions for improvements)
After the successful participation at the module the student is able to:
- deal with a given physics subject using schoolbooks
- choose suitable experiments and prepare these with devices commonly used in school
- realise own experiment ideas
- be aware of dangers during experimentation
- introduce a physics topic in a motivating manner
- clearly demonstrate experiments to the audience and present the theoretical background
- analyse the own presentation and look for improvements
- analyse and evaluate the presentations of other participants
Basics in Didactics of Physics for Vocational Teachers
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|SE||5||Didactics of Physics 2||
Assistants: Feil, M.Saß, M.
Thu, 13:00–17:30, MI 00.04.034
and singular or moved dates
Learning and Teaching Methods
In groups of two participants deal with a given physics topic and prepare experiments assisted permanently by supervisors. In the following week the prepared topic will be presented. In doing so each participant has to present one part of the topic in a self-dependent way. The group of all participants discusses the presentations.
Presentation and demonstration, use of data projector and video camera
physics schoolbooks (provided by the organisers)
Description of exams and course work
The participants present five selected topics of school physics and demonstrate experiments. They show that they are able to present physics topics to an audience in a didactic suitable manner using school type equipment. Each individual performance is graded (corresponding to APSO: 1,0; 1,3; 1,7 ...). The module is passed if all five topics have been presented successfully (each grade 4,0 or better). The grade of the whole module is calculated by averaging the three best individual grades.