Lab Course in Physics for Students of Education
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
PH9112 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Physics Modules for Students of Education
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||60 h||6 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH9112 is the Dean of Studies at Physics Department.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Ten experiments carried out in groups
- Data analysis
- Error analysis
- Writing of reports
- Topics: mechanics, thermodynamics, electrodynamics, optics, atomic and nuclear physics
After passing the module the student is able to:
- comprehend the procedure of basic physics experiments
- know the fundamentals in writing scientific reports
- master the mathematical methods of error calculation
- compare experimental data with theoretical predictions
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|PR||4||Physikalisches Grundpraktikum für Lehramtstudiengänge||Fierlinger, P. Hauptner, A. Saß, M.||
Learning and Teaching Methods
Students have to carry out ten experiments with the given instructions. A supervisor is permanently present for assistance. The data analysis and the written lab report is made at home for five selected experiments.
manual und electronic data acquisition
- Manuals to the experiments (online available)
- Standard textbooks for experimental physics
- W. Walcher, Praktikum der Physik, Vieweg+Teubner Verlag
Description of exams and course work
Students have to carry out ten physics-experiments.
At any experiment:
- oral introduction interview
- realisation of the experiment / documentation of experimental results
At five selected experiments:
- writing of a lab report (homework)
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.