Physics Lab Course for Food Chemistry
Module version of WS 2018/9 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|WS 2018/9||SS 2011|
PH9023 is a semester module in German or English language at Bachelor’s level which is offered irregular.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Service Modules for Students of other Disciplines
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||h||3 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH9023 is the Dean of Studies at Physics Department.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
Realisation of six physics-experiments from various topics in physics:
- electrical measurement
- nuclear physics
After passing the module the student is able to:
- prepare for a physics experiment self-dependently
- carry out physics experiments systematically
- apply fundamental physics measurement techniques and systems
- write a lab report meeting the requirements of scientific work
- handle experimental data and analyse the results
- comprehend and analyse the physics fundamentals and correlations
-Experimental Physics 1
-Experimental Physics 2
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|PR||3||Physics Lab Course for Food Chemistry||
Responsible/Coordination: Kienberger, R.
Learning and Teaching Methods
The lab course is carried out in groups of 2 students at prepared experimental setups. A supervisor is permanently present for assistance at any experiment.
-manual und electronic data acquisition
-manual to the experiments of the Physics Lab Course for Food Chemistry
-continuative literature denoted in the manual
Description of exams and course work
1. Students have to carry out six physics-experiments successfully. Each experiment covers the following individual performances:
- in advance short written test about the fundamentals of the experiment
- realisation of the experiment according to the lab course manual
- documentation of experimental data and analysis of the results
Each experiment will be graded and has to be passed (grade 4,0 or better). For the grade of an experiment all individual performances from above are relevant.
2. To three of the six experiments (at the student's own option) a short oral exam has to be done and will be graded. Each oral exam has to be passed (grade 4,0 or better).
The grade of the whole module will be calculated as unweighted mean value from the grades of the four best graded experiments and the grades of the three oral exams.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Exam to Physics Lab Course for Food Chemistry|
|Wed, 2024-01-31, 8:45 till 12:30||till 2024-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2024-01-24)|
|Wed, 2024-01-31, 13:15 till 17:00||till 2024-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2024-01-24)|
|Thu, 2024-02-01, 13:15 till 17:00||till 2024-01-16 (cancelation of registration till 2024-01-25)|