Journal Club Optomechanics and Quantum Optics
PH6120 is a semester module in language at graduate-studies level which is offered irregularly.
This module description is valid from WS 2017/8 to WS 2018/9.
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|30 h||h||1 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH6120 is Menno Poot.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
In this seminar we will be discussing recent literature in the fields of optomechanics and quantum optics. The students will prepare a talk on current topics in the field, followed by an active discussion. The seminar will be held in English.
After successful participation in the module the student can:
- perform a literature search on a topic
- explain the main points of a scientific paper
- judge the quality of its claims
- compare different papers on the same topic
- combine the contents of scientific papers into a coherent presentation on the subject
- actively participate in scientific discussions
A basic knowledge of quantum mechanics will be useful.