Journal Club Optomechanics and Quantum Optics
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
PH6120 is a semester module in language at graduate-studies level which is offered irregularly.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Subject-Related Qualification Modules for Doctoral Candidates in Physics (Seminars)
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|30 h||h||1 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH6120 is Menno Poot.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
In this seminar we will be discussing recent literature in the fields of optomechanics and quantum optics. The students will prepare a talk on current topics in the field, followed by an active discussion. The seminar will be held in English.
After successful participation in the module the student can:
- perform a literature search on a topic
- explain the main points of a scientific paper
- judge the quality of its claims
- compare different papers on the same topic
- combine the contents of scientific papers into a coherent presentation on the subject
- actively participate in scientific discussions
A basic knowledge of quantum mechanics will be useful.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|HS||1||Journal Club Optomechanics and Quantum Optics||Poot, M.|