Supersymmetry and Extra Dimensions
Module version of SS 2017
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2019||SS 2017|
PH2250 is a semester module in German or English language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Specific catalogue of special courses for nuclear, particle, and astrophysics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for condensed matter physics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for Biophysics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for Applied and Engineering Physics
- Specialization Modules in Elite-Master Program Theoretical and Mathematical Physics (TMP)
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|300 h||60 h||10 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH2250 in the version of SS 2017 was Patrick Vaudrevange.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- supersymmetry algebra
- superfields and superspace
- supersymmetric theories in four dimensions
- supersymmetry breaking
- the MSSM
- extra dimensions
Nach erfolgreicher Teilnahme an dem Modul sind die Studierenden in der Lage sich in die aktuelle Fachliteratur zu supersymmetrischen Theorien einzuarbeiten.
No preconditions in addition to the requirements for the Master’s program in Physics.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||4||Supersymmetry and Extra Dimensions||Vaudrevange, P.||
Mon, 10:00–12:00, PH 2271
Wed, 14:00–16:00, PH 2271
and singular or moved dates
Learning and Teaching Methods
"Cambridge Lectures on Supersymmetry and Extra Dimensions"
by Fernando Quevedo, Sven Krippendorf, Oliver Schlotterer