Effective Field Theories
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2016/7
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
|available module versions|
|WS 2018/9||SS 2018||WS 2016/7||SS 2011|
PH2122 is a semester module in language at Master’s level which is offered irregularly.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Specific catalogue of special courses for nuclear, particle, and astrophysics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for condensed matter physics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for Biophysics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for Applied and Engineering Physics
- Specialization Modules in Elite-Master Program Theoretical and Mathematical Physics (TMP)
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|300 h||h||10 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH2122 in the version of WS 2016/7 was the Dean of Studies at Physics Department.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
No preconditions in addition to the requirements for the Master’s program in Physics.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||4||Effective Field Theories||Brambilla, N.||
Wed, 12:00–14:00, PH 3344
Tue, 08:00–10:00, PH 3344
|UE||2||Exercise to Effective Field Theories||
Vander Griend, P.
Responsible/Coordination: Brambilla, N.
|dates in groups|