Biomedical Physics 2
Module version of SS 2011
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|WS 2022/3||SS 2022||WS 2021/2||WS 2020/1||SS 2020||SS 2019||SS 2018||SS 2017||SS 2011|
PH2002 is a semester module in German or English language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Specific catalogue of special courses for Biophysics
- Specific catalogue of special courses for Applied and Engineering Physics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for condensed matter physics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for nuclear, particle, and astrophysics
- Mandatory Modules in M.Sc. Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||40 h||5 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH2002 in the version of SS 2011 was Franz Pfeiffer.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
This course is the second part of a lecture series, which deals with the physical principles of biomedical applications.
The content of the second part includes the physical principles of radiation therapy using ionizing radiation, laser applications and microscopy.
The course continues the first part of the series "Biomedical Physics 1", but can also be visited without prior knowledge.
After successful participation in this module the student is able to:
1. describe the physical principles of radiotherapy techniques
2. name laser applications in medicine and understand the underlying laser tissue interactions
3. explain various methods used in microscopy and compare their advantages and disadvantages
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Biomedical Physics 2||
Assistants: Schaff, F.
|UE||2||Exercise to Biomedical Physics 2||
Responsible/Coordination: Pfeiffer, F.
Mon, 10:00–12:00, PH HS3
Learning and Teaching Methods
Will be announced in the lecture
Description of exams and course work
In an oral exam the learning outcome is tested using comprehension questions and sample problems.
In accordance with §12 (8) APSO the exam can be done as a written test. In this case the time duration is 60 minutes.
The exam may be repeated at the end of the semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Exam to Biomedical Physics 2|
|Mon, 2023-02-20, 11:30 till 13:00||Hörsaal
|till 2023-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2023-02-13)|