Different Aspects of a Sustainable Energy Economy for B.Sc. Students
PH1494 is a semester module in German or English language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of student seminars for the Bachelor's programme Physics
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|120 h||h||4 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH1494 is Katharina Krischer.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
In addition to the physical aspects of energy conversion and storage, a successful transformation of the energy industry from fossil fuels to 100% renewable energy depends on many other factors: resources, storage options, efficient production, transportation, life cycle analyzes and not least economic considerations.
The seminar will discuss these aspects. Possible topics include hydrogen economy, ecobalance of electromobility, the energy balance of the production of lithium-ion batteries or of solar cells, life-cycle analysis of different energy converters or the requirements of power grids. Own topic suggestions are also welcome.
After participation in the Module the student is able to:
- Perform bibliographical searches on published papers and in the internet for information relevant to specific topic
- Finding scientific papers online
- Condense their knowlegde into a presentation and obtain presentation skills
- Obtain a deeper insight into dependencies and constraints important for the transformation of the energy economy into a renewable energy system
No specific requirements.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|PS||2||Different Aspects of a Sustainable Energy Economy||Krischer, K. Schindler, W.||
Wed, 15:30–17:00, ZNN 0.001
|RE||2||Revision Course to Different Aspects of a Sustainable Energy Economy||
Responsible/Coordination: Krischer, K.