Many Body Phenomena and Scattering Methods
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
PH1368 is a semester module in German or English language at Master’s level, which is regularly offered in summer semester only.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of student seminars for Applied and Engineering Physics
- Catalogue of student seminars for the Bachelor's programme Physics
- Catalogue of student seminars for condensed matter physics
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|120 h||40 h||4 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH1368 is Christian Pfleiderer.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
Possible topics include:
- linear response theory, correlation functions
- Kubo formula. FD theorem, Kramers Kronig
- introduction to the magnetism
- neutron scattering (S (q, w) etc)
- NMR mu-SR
- Introduction to superconductivity (BCS theory)
- Green's functions and spectral functions
- tunneling spectroscopy
- Raman spectroscopy
- IR spectroscopy
other topics by arrangement
After successful participation in the module the student can
use the basic methods of literature retrieval, condense their knowlegde from scientific papers into a presentation and obtain presentation skills.
They have learned about relevant topics in many body phenomena and scattering methods
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|HS||2||Vielteilchenphänomene und Streumethoden||Pfleiderer, C. Hackl, R.||
Learning and Teaching Methods
The learning outcomes of this module will be developed through the literature search, the study of literature, the preparation of the presentation, the discussion with the teacher, the talk itself and answering questions about it.
Presentation materials, complementary literature
Specialized literature to the individual topics of the seminar talks will be provided;
own literature search.