Seminar to Semiconductor Physics 2
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
PH1336 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of student seminars for condensed matter physics
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|120 h||40 h||4 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH1336 is Martin Stutzmann.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
Seminar in the general subjects of the lecture Semiconductor Physics 2.
attending the lecture Fundamentals of Semiconductor Physics
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|PS||2||Seminar zu Halbleiterphysik 2||Stutzmann, M.||
einzelne oder verschobene Termine
Learning and Teaching Methods
Preparing and presenting a 20-30min scientific talk, beamer presentation, board work, advisor discussion, Literature studies
presentation materials, complementary literature
Standard-Lehrbücher der Halbleiterphysik zum Beispiel:
- J. H. Davies: The Physics of Low-Dimensional Semiconductors (Cambridge University Press, 1998),
- M. Grundmann: Semiconductor Physics, (Cambridge University Press, 2006),
- C. Weisbuch and B. Vinter: Quantum Semiconductor Structures, (Academic Press-1991),
- T. Heinzel: Mesoscopic Electronics in Solid State Nanostructures, (Wiley VCH, 2003),
- Bushan, Bharat (Editor): Springer Handbook of Nanotechnology, (2nd revised and extended edition)