Functional Soft Materials
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
PH1333 is a semester module in German or English language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of student seminars for the Bachelor's programme Physics
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|120 h||30 h||4 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH1333 is Christine Papadakis.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
Possible lecture topics as:
- crystallization of polymers
- microphases in block copolymers
- Conductive polymers
- polymer nanostructures for photovoltaics
After successful participation in the module the student have earned these skills:
(1) to conduct a literature search in scientific journals and on the Internet (2) to find scientific publications on the Internet, (3) to bring the content of the publications in the form of lectures, (4) to present a lecture will present, (5) to discuss critically the content of the other lectures and (6) to understand the basic physics of soft matter.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|PS||2||Functional Soft Materials||Müller-Buschbaum, P. Papadakis, C.||
Tue, 08:30–10:00, PH 3734
Learning and Teaching Methods
Preparation and presentation of a scientific talk, beamer presentation, board work, advisor discussion, literature search and studies.
Presentation materials, complementary literature
Specialized literature to the individual topics of the seminar talks will be provided;
own literature search.
Description of exams and course work
In the course of the seminar each student individually prepares a talk on a topic of current research. Based on this talk the learning outcome is tested.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Seminarvortrag in Funktionelle weiche Materialien|
|Mo, 22.7.2019||Dummy-Termin, Leistung wird im Rahmen der Veranstaltung erbracht. // Dummy date. Course work during the semester.||bis 21.7.2019|