Energy, Environment and Sustainable climate development
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
PH1312 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of student seminars for Applied and Engineering Physics
- Catalogue of student seminars for the Bachelor's programme Physics
- Catalogue of student seminars for condensed matter physics
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|120 h||40 h||4 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH1312 is Oliver Schneider.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
Seminar talks on:
- solar energy
- hydro power
- wind energie
- geothermal energy
- nuclear power
- bio energy
- radioactive waste
- thermonuclear fusion
- climate models
- energy transport
- energy storage
- energy from waste treatment
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- energy-efficient homes
- fuel cells
After successful participation in the module the student can
- explain the technical fundamentals of energy production, storage and conversion
- discuss and compare the different methods of energy producion with respect to efficiency, costs, availability and emission
- explain and discuss the effect of different methods of energy production on the climate
- use the basic methods of literature retrieval, condense their knowlegde from scientific papers into a presentation.
No preconditions in addition to the requirements for the Master’s program in Physics.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|PS||2||Seminar Energie-Klima-Umwelt||Schneider, O.||
einzelne oder verschobene Termine
Learning and Teaching Methods
self-studies on a scientific topic, preparation and presentation of a scientific talk, beamer presentation, board work, advisor discussion.
- R.A. Zahoransky: Energietechnik, 4. Auflage, Vieweg/Teubner, 2009
- B. Diekmann, K. Heinloth: Energie, 2. Auflage, Teubner, 1996
- H. Watter: Nachhaltige Energiesysteme, 1. Auflage, Vieweg/Teubner, 2009
- K. Langeheinecke, P. Jany, G. Thieleke: Thermodynamik für Ingenieure, 7. Auflage, 2008
- weitere Literatur abhängig vom Vortragsthema