Lab Course Part 3
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
PH0011 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Mandatory Modules in Bachelor Programme Physics (4th Semester)
If not stated otherwise for export to a non-physics program the student workload is given in the following table.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||60 h||5 CP|
Responsible coordinator of the module PH0011 is the Dean of Studies at Physics Department.
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Six experiments carried out in groups
- oral introduction interview,
- measurements and writing of the measurement report
- Data analysis
- Error analysis
- Writing of reports
- Oral discussion of the experiment and the results for three of the experiments
- Topics: Optics, atom and molecular physics
After passing the module the student is able to apply the procedure of basic physics experiments, the fundamentals in writing scientific reports and the basics of error calculation, and to understand the connections between the experiments and the theory.
PH0001, PH0002, PH0003, PH0009, PH0010 (recommended)
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|PR||4||Physikalisches Grundpraktikum 3 für Bachelor in Gruppen||Fierlinger, P. Saß, M.|
Learning and Teaching Methods
Students have to carry out six experiments with the given instructions. The data analysis and a report is made at home. In case of questions or problems there is are tutors for guidance.
- lab experiments
- manual und electronic data acquisition
- Intructions to the experiments (online available)
- Standard textbooks for Experimental physics (Mechanics und Thermodynamics)
- W. Walcher, Praktikum der Physik, Vieweg+Teubner Verlag