Optimization in Structural Dynamics and Vibroacoustics (Practical optimization using Finite Element method)
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2019
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2021||SS 2019|
MW2420 is a semester module in German or English language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||45 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
• Mathematical foundations of optimization
• Linear and nonlinear optimization
• Numerical methods in optimization
• FEM-based optimization
• Topology Optimization
• Optimization in structural dynamics
• Optimization in vibroacoustics
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Optimization in structural dynamics and vibroacoustics||Hoppe, K. Preuss, S. Sepahvand, K.||
Thu, 15:00–16:30, virtuell
|UE||2||Optimization in structural dynamics and vibroacoustics||
Responsible/Coordination: Sepahvand, K.
Tue, 11:00–12:30, virtuell
Learning and Teaching Methods
• S. Marburg: Developments in Structural-Acoustic Optimization for Passive Noise Control, Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, Vol. 9, 4, p. 291-370, 2002.
• C. Grimme, J. Bossek: Einführung in die Optimierung: Konzepte, Methoden und Anwendungen, Springer Vieweg, 2018.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Optimization in Structural Dynamics and Vibroacoustics|
|Thu, 2021-07-29, 11:30 till 13:00||MW: 2050
||Import||till 2021-06-30 (cancelation of registration till 2021-07-15)|