Industry related FE-Analysis in Vibroacoustics
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
MW2326 is a semester module in German language at Master’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Further Modules from Other Disciplines
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|120 h||60 h||4 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- use ABAQUS/CAE as a commercial finite element software (especailly used in the automotive industry*) to perform a finite element simulation
- analyze and evaluate analytical and numerical results
- perform an examination of parameter and model values
- Validate finite element models with experimental data
The course is divided into two parts:
- Methodical approach to virtual mapping of physical behavior of simple monolithic structures
- Construction of individual assemblies of a simplified gear-box
* ABAQUS is not only used in automotive industry. It is a very commonly used software for any FEM problem.
- Develop a virtual model for a real structural dynamics problem;
- Estimate the accuracy and the reliability of the model;
- Evaluate the model with the help of available measurement data;
- Analyze different effects of model and parameter uncertainties on the solution;
- Demonstrate the limits of analytical and numerical models;
- Use ABAQUS/CAE as a commercial FE-software and understand the complete structure of the program
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|PR||4||Vibroacoustic Finite Element Simulations in Virtual Prototyping||
Responsible/Coordination: Marburg, S.
Mon, 09:00–17:30, MW U550
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
The final mark is calculated as follows: Arithmetic mean of the reports is weight with 30%, the final report of the complex task is weighted 70 %.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.