Fluid Mechanics 1
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
MW2021 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Further Modules from Other Disciplines
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||75 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
1. Knowledges about the basic kinematic behaviour of liquid and gaseous medias
2. The ability of kinematic flow description
3. The ability to analyse the dynamics of fluids using the conservation laws of mass, momentum and energy
4. The ability to decribe and analyse simple compressible flows
5. The ability to find simple exact solutions to Navier-Stokes -Equations
6. The penomenological comprehension of the effects of friction and turbulence
7. The ability to analyse technical fluids
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||3||Fluid Mechanics 1||Adams, N.||
Mon, 13:45–16:45, MW 0001
|UE||2||Group exercise on Fluid Mechanics I||Bezgin, D. Lang, C. Paula, T.||
Mon, 15:00–16:30, MW 1638
and dates in groups
|UE||2||Main Exercises on Fluid Mechanics I||Lang, C.||
Tue, 10:00–11:45, MW 0001
Learning and Teaching Methods
In group tutorials the problem-solving competences of the students will be enhanced by solving additional exercises. In particular, the ability to apply solution strategies to similar problem descriptions are promoted.
Description of exams and course work
In a short question part the students should answer knowledge- and comprehension question in short phrases and proof, that they master the basics and contexts of inviscid and simple viscous flows.
In a calculation part should be proofed, that the students are able to recognize in a limited time and with limited tools the problems of fluid mechanics and find ways to their correct solution. There the students should demonstrate that they can quantitatively describe and analyse inviscid and simple viscous flows (incompressible and compressible).
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Fluid Mechanics 1|
|Fri, 2023-02-24, 17:00 till 18:30||1801
|till 2023-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2023-02-17)|