Design of Electric Vehicles
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
MW1789 is a semester module in German language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This module description is valid from SS 2012 to WS 2012/3.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
*Introduction: Status of Electromobility regarding total mobility
* Field test/data: fleet test, acquisition and processing measurement data
* Vehicle concepts: Deriving requirements from measurement data for suitable concepts
* drivetrain concepts: Components of the drivetrain, electrified drivetrain concepts, concepts of hybrid vehicles
*Impact of Electromobility on vehicle components
* Range Extender concepts: types of RE, Range of usage
* electric traction motor: principle, overview, range of usage, power electronics, efficiency
*Battery system: Types of batteries, aging, battery models, SOC, SOH, design, safety, cooling
*Heating, Air Conditioning
* Operation strategies: differences of applied strategies, hybrid-strategy
* HV-Safety: HV-components, standards, Highvoltage on-board system, EMC
* Topology of EV / Hybrids: Packaging, physics
* Weight Management: optimization, impact of materials
* Impact on power grid, charging: Types of charging, battery exchange systems, functional safety, Well to Wheel, Vehicle to grid, Vehicle to building
Further more they have aquired certain knowledge about the develompment, packaging and topology of electric vehicles.
They are able to characterize certain components such as the eletrified drive chain or energy-storage systems and to describe their functioning. Moreover, they are in a position to assess the construction/dimensioning of, for instance, drive and battery.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Learning and Teaching Methods
After each lesson the students get learning questions that cover the topic of the lesson and serve as a preparation for the exam.