Radiation and Radiation-Protection
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2011/2 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
|available module versions|
|WS 2011/2||SS 2011|
MW1353 is a semester module in English language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||45 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- characterization of radiation and its sources
- interaction of radiation with matter: photons, electrons, neutrons, ions
- methods for the determination of radiation dose
- deterministic and stochastic (Monte-Carlo) methods for radiation shelding and protection
- legal aspects of radiation in Germany and Europe
The course and sctipts are offered in English.
However, also for questions during the lectures and the written exam, German can be used.
Further information unter www.ntech.mw.tum.de
Practical exercises illustrate the concepts and methods. At the end, a student should be able to quantify radiation exposure and to design a radiation shield.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VU||3||Radiation and Radiation Prodection||
Tue, 10:00–11:30, MW 0430m
Tue, 12:15–13:00, MW 0430m
Learning and Teaching Methods
- intensive usage of the white-board for explanations of concepts
students are encouraged to pose questions, and also the lecturer poses questions to the auditorium
- printed material from the internet
- paper-copies of useful materials from books
Introduction to Nuclear Engineering
Nuclear Reactor Analysis
C. Grupen; B. Shwartz
Theorie der Wärme
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Radiation and Radiation-Protection|
|Mon, 2020-03-02, 13:30 till 15:00||MW: 1550
||Import||till 2020-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2020-02-17)|