Fundamentals of Experimental Fluid Mechanics
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2012
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
|available module versions|
|SS 2018||SS 2012||WS 2011/2|
MW0685 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Measurement of the static pressure
- Measurement of the total pressure in the stagnation point
- Measurement with the five hole sonde
- Measurement of pressure fluctuations
- Hot wire anemometry
- Laser Doppler Anemometry (LDA)
- Laser 2 Focus Anemometry
- Laser Speckle Anemometry (Particle Image Velocimetry PIV)
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Basics of Experimental Fluid Mechanics||
Assistants: Reiß, J.
Wed, 13:00–14:30, MW 1639