Space Environment and its Simulation
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
MW0460 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- understand the conditions of space environment in space flight;
- analyze the effects which are relevant for space flight;
- understand and to recognize the necessity for pre-launch simulation of the space environment;
- analyze the challenges and restrictions of these simulation in laboratories on Earth.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Space Environment and its Simulation||Rott, M.|
Learning and Teaching Methods
- movies and animations
- Gerd W. Prölls, Physics of the Earth's Space Environment, Springer Verlag, 2004, ISBN: 3-540-21426-7
- Frank Fahy, John Walker, Fundamentals of Noise and Vibration, E&FN Spon, 1998, ISBN: 0-419-27700-8
- NASA Technical Handbook, Dynamic Environmental Criteria, NASA-HDBK-7005, 2001
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.