Unsteady Aerodynamics 2
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2012 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2012||WS 2011/2|
MW0415 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Pressure distribution around the harmonically oscillating airfoil in incompressible and subsonic flow: kernel function of the lifting surface equation, set-up functions of pressure distribution collocation methods, exact solution; rudder oscillations
- Pressure distribution around the harmonically oscillating airfoil in sonic, supersonic, and hypersonic flow
- Lifting surface theory for arbitrary unsteady processes: Fourier synthesis, Laplace transformation, Duhamel synthesis, direct method for supersonic flow
- Plane wing of finite span: kernel functions, collocation methods (subsonic flow), integral method and integral equation method (supersonic flow)
- Interfering lifting surfaces"
- characterize the pressure distribution resp. air forces for problems, concerning the harmonically oscillating airfoil in incompressible, subsonic, sonic, supersonic and hypersonic flow
- present different calculation methods for solving the lifting surface theory for arbitrary unsteady processes
- apply the integral equation of the unsteady lifting surface theory to determine the pressure distribution around a wing of finite span in subsonic flow
- demonstrate and apply the procedure to determine the unsteady air forces around a wing of finite span in supersonic flow
- analyze the effect of flap and rudder oscillations"
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Unsteady Aerodynamics II - Wings||Breitsamter, C.||
Tue, 08:30–10:00, MW 1639
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Unsteady Aerodynamics 2|
|Mon, 2023-02-06, 9:00 till 10:00||1450
|till 2023-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2023-01-30)|