Unsteady Aerodynamics 1
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2011/2
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2012||WS 2011/2|
MW0183 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Relevance of unsteady aerodynamics
- Characteristics of unsteady aerodynamic forces
- Dimensionless parameters and similitude laws
- Unsteady aerodynamic coefficients related to flight mechanics and aeroelasticity
- Basic equations of unsteady inviscid gas dynamics, potential flows
- Integral form of the wing flow: Pulsating wing (thickness problem), oscillating wing (lift problem)"
- differentiate the cause of unsteady flow
- characterize aeroelastic phenomena by means of occurring kind of forces
- define the dimensionless parameters of unsteady aerodynamics
- demonstrate the determination of unsteady coefficients of flight mechanics and aeroelasticity
- explain the fundamental approaches of the unsteady lifting surface theory
- apply the modeling on the basis of the unsteady source solution
- determine the unsteady derivatives by means of the unsteady lifting surface theory for basic problems"
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Unsteady Aerodynamics I - Airfoils||Breitsamter, C.||
Tue, 08:30–10:00, virtuell
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.