Spacecraft Aerodynamics - Re-entry Aerodynamics (Re-Entry Aerodynamics)
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2012 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2012||WS 2011/2|
MW0143 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Elementary treatment of the re-entry procedere
- Some basics of gaskinetics and fluents with relaxation
- Procedre to calculate inviscid hypersound streaming around slim and bluff bodies: Newtonsche Theory, Newton-Busemannsche Theory, hypersonic similitude theory
- Structure of hypersonic streaming fields
- Configuration of re-entry missiles
- Aerodynamic heating and ablation
- Heat protection systems
- Hypersound test procedures
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Spacecraft Aerodynamics - Re-entry Aerodynamics||
Wed, 08:30–10:00, MW 1639
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
The exam may be repeated at the end of the semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Spacecraft Aerodynamics - Re-entry Aerodynamics|