This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2016 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2016||SS 2015||SS 2014|
MW0101 is a semester module in German language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||45 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- understand the different dimensions of ergonomic product design,
- understand the processes of human information processing (perception, response selection, response execution),
- remember relevant standards of product design,
- analyse poducts in terms of anthropometric and system ergonomical design maxims
- understand the involvement of ergonomists in the product emergence process
- evaluate the design of control elements
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Ergonomic Product Design||Bengler, K. Boos, A. Steckhan, L.||
Wed, 10:30–12:00, MW 0350
|UE||1||Exercise Ergonomic Product Design||Bengler, K. Boos, A. Steckhan, L.||
Wed, 13:00–14:30, MW 1801
Learning and Teaching Methods
Further reading is included in the lecture notes
Description of exams and course work
It is allowed to use a non-programmable calculator.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.