Aerodynamics of Aircraft 1
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2016 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2016||WS 2011/2||SS 2011|
MW0007 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This module description is valid from WS 2002/3 to SS 2019.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||45 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- understand and characterize subsonic flow physical phenomena of airfoils and wings
- understand fundamental theoretical models of fluid mechanics and aerodynamics
- comprehend and utilize the potential-theoretically calculation for airfoil (thickness and lift theory) and wing (lifting-line method)
- determine airfoil and wing aerodynamics for subsonic conditions with this calculation method
- identify aerodynamic parameters by requirements from mission and flight mechanics
- be familiar with airfoil systematic descriptions
- comprehend the phenomena relevant for airfoil design
- put requirements for experimental aerodynamics using wind tunnels in the right perspective"
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Aerodynamics of Aircraft I||Breitsamter, C.||
Thu, 10:15–11:45, virtuell
|UE||1||Exercises on Aerodynamics of Aircraft I||Breitsamter, C. Jentys, M. Zahn, A.||
Mon, 08:30–10:00, virtuell
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Aerodynamics of Aircraft 1|