This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
MEMA-STRB001 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Focus Area Imaging in M.Sc. Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||75 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Fundamentals of special anatomy of organs
- Fundamentals of topographical anatomy and roentgen anatomy
- Fundamentals of general and special pathology of diseases
- Fundamentals of physiology and pathophysiology of organs and organ systems
- Radiation exposure and effect on the human body
- Aftermath and consequences onto the functions of the human body
- to understand the anatomical, pathological and pathophysiological features of the different morbidities which may occur weeks, months or years after radiotherapy in the radiation exposed organs,
- to characterize the anatomical, pathological and pathophysiological features of the different manifestations of radiation diseases which may occur after accidental radiation exposures,
- to describe the anatomical, pathological and pathophysiological features of the late and very late morbidities such as cancer and non-cancer diseases which may occur after low and intermediate doses from occupational or radiological exposures.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||4||Lecture Human Biology||
|SE||1||Seminar Human Biology|
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
The exam may be repeated at the end of the semester.