A Basic Introduction to Conventional MRI and Analysis Techniques for Neuro-Applications
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
ME701 is a semester module in English language at which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|60 h||30 h||2 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- to understand and explain the principles of MR signal generation and image formation
- to understand and explain the most important image contrasts and how they are generated
- to apply the most common clinical MR imaging techniques
- recognize the most common imaging artifacts and know how to avoid them
- to understand and to explain the principles of BOLD-based functional MRI
- to understand and apply basic fMRI experimental designs, processing and analysis techniques
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Introduction to Basic Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Analysis Methods for Neuro-Applications||Ganter, C. Göttler, J. Hedderich, D. Preibisch, C. Wohlschläger, A.||
Wed, 16:00–17:30, virtuell
Learning and Teaching Methods
Buxton, Introdcution to functional magnetic resonance imaging, Cambride University Press.
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|A Basic Introduction to Conventional MRI and Analysis Techniques for Neuro-Applications|
|Wed, 2022-02-09, 18:00 till 20:00||till 2022-02-09|