Medical Imaging Techniques, Nuclear Medicine
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2003
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|WS 2019/20||SS 2003||WS 2002/3|
ME0156 is a semester module in English language at which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Focus Area Imaging in M.Sc. Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
2. Modern methods in diagnostic medical imaging
3. Imaging technique (various types of detectors in radiology and nuclear medicine, imaging technique in MRI and ultrasound)
4. Tomography & Reconstruction (MRI, μCT, CT, SPECT, PET)
5. Clinical applications of various clinical and pre-clinical imaging systems (MRI, CT, SPECT, PET, X-ray, Ultrasound)
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Medical Imaging Technology||Birnbacher, L. Bogdanovic, B. Burian, E. Busse, M. Ganter, C. … (insgesamt 9)||
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Medical Imaging Techniques, Nuclear Medicine|
|lecture hall C|