Finanzökonometrie (FIM)
Financial Econometrics (FIM)

Modul MA9976

Dieses Modul wird durch Fakultät für Mathematik bereitgestellt.

Diese Modulbeschreibung enthält neben den eigentlichen Beschreibungen der Inhalte, Lernergebnisse, Lehr- und Lernmethoden und Prüfungsformen auch Verweise auf die aktuellen Lehrveranstaltungen und Termine für die Modulprüfung in den jeweiligen Abschnitten.

Basisdaten

MA9976 ist ein Semestermodul in Englisch auf Master-Niveau das im Sommersemester angeboten wird.

Das Modul ist Bestandteil der folgenden Kataloge in den Studienangeboten der Physik.

  • Allgemeiner Katalog der nichtphysikalischen Wahlfächer
GesamtaufwandPräsenzveranstaltungenUmfang (ECTS)
120 h 45 h 4 CP

Inhalte, Lernergebnisse und Voraussetzungen

Inhalt

This course is an intensive introduction to various econometric concepts like sampling, estimation, hypotheses testing, and (generalized) linear regression used in applied financial research. The emphasis will be on developing and applying regression-based techniques in both cross-sectional and time-series contexts. Their usefulness will also be examined in the light of current financial studies.

Lernergebnisse

After successful completion of the module, students are able to analyze cross-sectional and time-series data with regression-based techniques. Furthermore, students will learn how to set up and to estimate econometric models that can be used to test theories or to make forecasts. They understand the properties and limitations of these models and are able to assess how they fit different applications. Students will be able to use a programming software like Matlab or R to implement and evaluate the models.

Voraussetzungen

keine

Lehrveranstaltungen, Lern- und Lehrmethoden und Literaturhinweise

Lehrveranstaltungen und Termine

ArtSWSTitelDozent(en)Termine
VO 3 Financial Econometrics (FIM) [MA9976] Escobar, M.
Leitung/Koordination: Wahl, M.

Lern- und Lehrmethoden

Lectures with beamer presentation and whiteboard, tutorials where students work under instructor assistance on assignments for implementation using programming software like Matlab or R

Medienformen

Presentation slides, whiteboard, assignment sheets, programming software like Matlab or R

Literatur

Econometric Analysis, Greene, W.H. (2008), 6th ed., New York: Prentice Hall. Additional Reading: Market Risk Analysis: Quantitative Methods in Finance (Market Risk Analysis). Carol Alexander. Wiley; Har/Cdr edition 2008.

Modulprüfung

Beschreibung der Prüfungs- und Studienleistungen

The module examination is based on a written exam (90 minutes) with both theoretical and practical components. Students have to show their theoretical understanding of a generalized linear regression model by answering questions on model set-up and assumptions, the generalized least squares estimation methodology, finite and asymptotic properties as well as hypothesis testing. In the practical section, students have to demonstrate their understanding of the methodology on an economically motivated application. By analyzing and interpreting results from a variety of candidate models, students are led to reach a decision about the most plausible model for the application at hand. The exam includes a one-page formula sheet provided in advance to the students via lecture notes as well as an Appendix with output in R-code related to the practical component. The theoretical part represents a 55% of the total grade while the practical component takes the remaining 45%.

Kondensierte Materie

Wenn Atome sich zusammen tun, wird es interessant: Grundlagenforschung an Festkörperelementen, Nanostrukturen und neuen Materialien mit überraschenden Eigenschaften treffen auf innovative Anwendungen.

Kern-, Teilchen-, Astrophysik

Ziel der Forschung ist das Verständnis unserer Welt auf subatomarem Niveau, von den Atomkernen im Zentrum der Atome bis hin zu den elementarsten Bausteinen unserer Welt.

Biophysik

Biologische Systeme, vom Protein bis hin zu lebenden Zellen und deren Verbänden, gehorchen physikalischen Prinzipien. Unser Forschungsbereich Biophysik ist deutschlandweit einer der größten Zusammenschlüsse in diesem Bereich.